What size is my tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I think I got screwed at the welding supply. I thought my tank was a 5 lb, but the guy told me it was a 10 lb, and it cost me $18 to fill it. It only cost me $10 the last time at a different place. How can I tell what size my tank is?

CylinderDimentions.jpg

First image result from "co2 tank size" in google....just sayin'

While that is helpful, I am thinking more in terms of a marking on the tank. When I am standing in the store ready to argue with a guy who has just filled my tank and is trying to overcharge me I cannot tell him about a graphic I saw on Google.

While that is helpful, I am thinking more in terms of a marking on the tank. When I am standing in the store ready to argue with a guy who has just filled my tank and is trying to overcharge me I cannot tell him about a graphic I saw on Google.

You can only lead a horse to water... :drunk:

o_O

You can look for a tare weight on the tank, and then have him fill it all the way and weigh it, and see if he put 10 lb or 5 lb in it. Or weigh it full, and weigh it empty.

Honestly if he's that much of a dick that he'll insist he's right, you could always march into his shop with a scale and your tank, weigh it full, open the valve all the way right in the middle of his store, and weigh it empty after the cloud clears.

Might still not convince him to give you a refund though.

rmullins said:
If he charged you $18 and the dimensions match up with the picture, you don't have anything to argue about

$18 to fill while you wait isn't bad even for a 5 lb tank. My LHBS charges $20 for a 5 lb and $35 for a 20 lb. RIPOFF!!!

So I exchange my tank at the liquor store. $12.50 for 5 lb and $20 for 20 lb. Best price I've found that's not out of my way.

Latest posts

Back