Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ontarget

Reaction score
Eight days ago I brewed a Nut Brown ALe (my first HB n years).
The recipe was relatively straight-forward;
2g of clean/cold water with grains until temp hits 150f
remove grains and add 7lbs of LME and hop pellets
boil for 55 minutes
add more hops and continue boiling for 5 minutes
cool in ice bath and add to 3gallons of cold/clean water into carboy - add more water to reach 5 gallons
attach airlock.

I waited 6 days (it had stopped bubbling 48 hours prior to 7 days) and racked into secondary carboy.

It has been in secondary for two days, there was some light (1 bubble approx every two minutes) for the first 12-18 hours.
The last 24 hours has shown no movement. However when I arrived home this afternoon I noticed this white "halo" around the top of the brew. Am I worrying or is this something I should take seriously?
http://www.themoffatts.us/brew.html

Any help or advice, even it's stop whining and have a HB, is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cam

Gracias HB experienced one (only meant respectfully)!

I figured I was just burning calories on nothing, but I wanted to be sure.
The folks on this board have been EXTREMELY helpful, you certainly have.

I have the ingredients for another brew (IPA) ready to go for this weekend. My sweety was kind enough to pick me up a couple of corny'sand a 5lb bottle for fathers day. So I'm ready to go for this weekend.

You guys are the best (or the worst, depending on how far the rabbit hole goes on this hobby :).
Take Care, and thanks again,
Cam

Ontarget said:
You guys are the best (or the worst, depending on how far the rabbit hole goes on this hobby :).
Take Care, and thanks again,
Cam

Oh, the hole is endless, please no thanks just yet, give it some time...

Back