I found something unexpected in the Beercan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 years ago I worked for a company that made bottling and container handling equipment. There was a big lawsuit agains a soda company when a foreign object found inside a can. We did a lot of work refitting the bottling/canning plants to keep the containers away from the workers. Machines to automatically unload the cans from the pallets. Conveyors immediatley carry them to the ceiling and transport them in an enclosed conveyor. Then they were only brought back down to floor level immediatley before filling. A whole LOT of money spent and a huge maintenance headache created to keep workers from screwing around and putting things in the containers.

Im terribly sorry to hear this b/c Franzi is one of my favorite beers out there. However, Im also sorry to hear of someone drinking this fantastic brew, or any beer for that matter, out of a can. At the very least a hefeweizen should always be drunk out of a glass. Hopefully a lesson has been learned here...

Im terribly sorry to hear this b/c Franzi is one of my favorite beers out there. However, Im also sorry to hear of someone drinking this fantastic brew, or any beer for that matter, out of a can. At the very least a hefeweizen should always be drunk out of a glass. Hopefully a lesson has been learned here...

Franziskaner is also my favorite beer and I dont feel safe drinking it unless i get to the bottom of this
I have tried drink from glas but it dosnt taste the same for me
i feel the taste is better when drinking right from can, but drinking from the bottle is the best.

Reading this thread Atleast i have some idea what it can be
Either Mold or a Rubber gloove
More likely is not a condom

As for where the Beer was stored Over my bed I have a Smale locker Where all beer are stored after drinking them later they are dispatched to the bottle container some days after because is futher away than normal trash so i dont take them out together with the other garbage

Here comes some :mug: to everyone

Franziskaner is also my favorite beer and I dont feel safe drinking it unless i get to the bottom of this

This thread was posted 3 days ago and you said in the OP that it was consumed some days before that. If you didn't notice it when you were drinking it, and you have lived this long I'd guess you are going to be OK.

And IMHO if you don't think it tastes right from a glass and only want it from a can or bottle, you could probably save some money and buy cheaper beer.

I've got a theory. The OP joined several beer forums and message boards over the last few days to post this and putting the post in the appropriate forum would have required him to be familiar with the board.

Why the hell is this not locked!!

Why the hell is this not locked!!

Why should it?
No one has been spammed, solicited, insulted, threatened or unwillingly annoyed. I don't think we've exposed any deep dark forum secrets or divulged any security issues.

There's nothing as ridiculous in here as there is in the Tap Room.

Beginners forum? Clearly the OP is not an expert drinker :)

Well then - move it to the Tap Room. I'm sick of seeing Condom and beer in the same sentence whenever I look at the Beginners forum.

Well then - move it to the Tap Room. I'm sick of seeing Condom and beer in the same sentence whenever I look at the Beginners forum.

If it really twists your knickers so badly, you can put the OP on your ignore list so your sensibilities aren't so offended.

:mug:

I just can't believe I went through all 6 pages of this thread... there's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

1) It's not a condom
2) You found it, in your trash, after a week+ of sitting in there, ANYTHING could've happened to it
3) This is a completely isolated incident from the last time you got sick, your gull was inflamed, not Franziskaner's fault

As I'm typing this reply, I feel guilty for contributing. There is nothing wrong with the beer, and even if there was something wrong, it is such a remote, isolated incident that the chances of it happening again are so slim, you'd be a fool to worry this much about it. RDWHA-Franziskaner!

I just can't believe I went through all 6 pages of this thread... there's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

1) It's not a condom
2) You found it, in your trash, after a week+ of sitting in there, ANYTHING could've happened to it
3) This is a completely isolated incident from the last time you got sick, your gull was inflamed, not Franziskaner's fault

As I'm typing this reply, I feel guilty for contributing. There is nothing wrong with the beer, and even if there was something wrong, it is such a remote, isolated incident that the chances of it happening again are so slim, you'd be a fool to worry this much about it. RDWHA-Franziskaner!

On top of all that, this thread will now keep popping up when you click on the "My Replies" tab. :D

I have been busy with holliday
But i am back with Good news

What was found in the Beer was probaly Not a Condom

I did some experiment a week ago putting a Beercan at room temperature
with some weissbier in the bottom then today when i check on the experiment i see almost the same as i found in the other can

It look a bit White-gum like on one side and on the other Black powder

In this recent experiment after i drank the Franziskaner I empty the rest in a glass to make sure the can was empty I checked the inside with a torchlight and made sure there was nothing black in the bottom of the can
it was clean and good

I put some of the beer back in the can and let it be for a week
Today i check on the experiment and found it was most surely Mold

Now i feel much better plz understand i dont make my own beer and dont have so much knowledge of beer i just drink it
and just the recent years has gone over to the wonderful and tasty weissbier
so i had no way of knowing what this was.

the mystery is not all solved because what i found was on the top of the can
not in the bottom

I will do futher experiment but i think for now i can say i dont need to worry there was something inside my beer

Thats good news because i have 2 Franziskaner Beer here i like to drink now :ban:

Oh, And i hope some of your guys dont get upset because this thread keep popping up
Hey atleast the mystery is almost solved now

When I looked at the picture, I knew immediately that it's a mold colony and nothing more.

I know this because I am a lazy bastard, and I have to try and rinse **** like that out of bottles all the time.

+1 on this. I was a lazy bastard too :cross:, till I started to find creatures I had never seen before inside my recycling bottles. Yours is totally dry, but when they are wet they look like huge slugs. Once I tryed to grow one of them bigger, I fed it with the sediment of other beers, nowadays It has a postgrade.

Latest posts

Back