Sucess #1 lets call it Scarecrow Bikini Lime #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandofOZ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Need help refining recipe? I am Using Roses sweetened lime juice, is a staple bar ingediant, corn syrup and lime juice, fpr my lime flavoring. My original Recipee For 2 1/2 gallon batch is 3 lbs of Muntens Extra light Dry malt extract 1oz Cascade hops divided into thirds at 60, 30 and 10 minutes in the boil. also was 1/2 oz of bitter orange peel . Muntens yeast into primary after 4 dats in primary added 2 oz of the Roses sweetened lime Juice and finshed the week before going to secondary another week . bottled with priming suger and TBLS of the Roses sweetend lime juice. At bottling tasted prety close to Bud light Lime. now after week of aging and it tastes more of the hops and bitter orange. Is pleasantly good to drink with good hint of lime. but i think i want less bitter hops flaver for my next try. this would be a nicely flavored lime light ale i beleive. Lime could be adjusted up or douwn to preferance. My next try 2 1/2 Gallon batch: i plan on adding 1/2 lb of rice syup and 4 oz crystal 10l but dont khow how much to cut back on the extra light dry malt extract and definatly undecied about the hops as have seen some recipes even doing without any hops with a wyeast 1056 for the yeast any ideas would be apreciated newbie in LAND OF OZ

I am thinking of brewing a cream ale as one of my next beers.

Lime would go well with that, I think. However, I might just add a dab into the glass at serving time, instead of making the whole keg lime.

I am thinking of brewing a cream ale as one of my next beers.

Lime would go well with that, I think. However, I might just add a dab into the glass at serving time, instead of making the whole keg lime.

yeah, a whole keg of lime is too much IMO.....this is exactly why I hate making entire batches of Hard cider and such....its great at first, but you get sick of that **** pretty quickly :p

I would recommend this, or artificial unsweetened flavoring.

Natural or sweetened lime juice is tricky, all the sugar ferments away leaving you with a really strong sour taste.

A small batch is the perfect thing to experiment on however, good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back