Extract Duvel Recipe Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou52onu

Reaction score
I'm looking for a proven recipe for a Duvel mini/partial extract (purchased kit or pieced together from my LHBS)

Thanks Austin!

Others input welcomed. I'm an all-grain'er and looking for a kit for a friend who's new to brewing. I'm interested to see what others recommend as far as kits to see the difference in grains, ME, and yeast. As I've read around I'm more curious than anything.

I grabbed morebeer.com 's triple belgium ale. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I want to say that Duvel especially (I've looked into this) is high enough alcohol that special treatment is encouraged. It might not be the beer to cut your friend's teeth on.

BYO has an extract clone recipe in their special issue. I can PM it form home tonight if you want.

I grabbed morebeer.com 's triple belgium ale. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I want to say that Duvel especially (I've looked into this) is high enough alcohol that special treatment is encouraged. It might not be the beer to cut your friend's teeth on.

No - not really. JZ has a Belgian Golden Ale recipe (5lbs DME, 3 lbs sugar) that provides the fermentables, and it ferments out quickly - down to 1.007 within 2 weeks with no sp[ecial treatment other than starting at 68F for 2-3 days then warming up to 80-ish for a week or two.

No - not really. JZ has a Belgian Golden Ale recipe (5lbs DME, 3 lbs sugar) that provides the fermentables, and it ferments out quickly - down to 1.007 within 2 weeks with no sp[ecial treatment other than starting at 68F for 2-3 days then warming up to 80-ish for a week or two.

I stand corrected then!

I had read that you should add your sugar in stages for a duvel. I guess not.

Back