Free Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rphwa

Reaction score
I have 15 hop plants that are ready or very close to harvest. It was a good growing season here. I have a lot more hops than expected/needed. If anyone is in the Tumwater Washington area and would like some fresh hops I've got them. I have 3 varieties-Cascade, Centennial, and Willamette.

Give me a shout and I'll send a PM.

Thanks.

Rich

wow, wish i was anywhere near you. my harvest is pretty meager this year (all first-year plants) so i'd love to take you up on your offer. hope that others grab this opportunity.

i think you should get something out of it. either ask for a few brews in return for the hops, or tell folks that they can keep half of whatever they pick (they other half being yours, of course - save yourself the effort!)

My plants are all 2nd year. My plants grew about 26ft this year. I'm only into it for a couple of hundred total for the trellis materials. This years cost was 3 doses of fertilizer. I'll take what I need/want. I don't really have the space for storage. I'm going to have to convert half of my garage for drying. I had 2 plants fall due to twine failure and I harvested a 6 gallon bucket tonight and only picked about 1/4 of the hops on these 2 plants. I'm doing it for fun not profit. I have a friend who brews and I hope to get him enough to do a few batches. I'm just looking forward to tasting a beer flavored with hops I have grown.

Back