The Craigslist score that got away..... :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggy_fenton

Reaction score
Man, I've been religiously looking through craigslist in my area for over a year now hoping to find a good deal, or any deal for that matter. I finally saw some homebrew equipment in there and could not believe it! (This is a relatively small area and not very many people have the imagination for homebrewing here). The guy had 3 carboys, a bottling bucket, a 30 qt brew pot, 2 cases of unused 12 oz bottles, wing-type capper, about 20 ft of syphoning hoze and a box of misc. odds and ends all for $50!!!! I just about crapped and emailed him right that minute thinking I surely would be the first to reply since I check craigslist several times a day. The mood suddnly changed..............he had just sold the whole works to his neighbor 10 minutes before reading my email. :mad: The search continues........

iggy_fenton said:
Man, I've been religiously looking through craigslist in my area for over a year now hoping to find a good deal, or any deal for that matter. I finally saw some homebrew equipment in there and could not believe it! (This is a relatively small area and not very many people have the imagination for homebrewing here). The guy had 3 carboys, a bottling bucket, a 30 qt brew pot, 2 cases of unused 12 oz bottles, wing-type capper, about 20 ft of syphoning hoze and a box of misc. odds and ends all for $50!!!! I just about crapped and emailed him right that minute thinking I surely would be the first to reply since I check craigslist several times a day. The mood suddnly changed..............he had just sold the whole works to his neighbor 10 minutes before reading my email. :mad: The search continues........
Keep watching.. I just missed out on another fridge and a FREE air-hockey table. :( I think I lost the table when I got pissy with the guy when he would not tell me if I can have it. All he said was "yes I still have it, but it wont last long"... WTF? Am I to bust out of work and race there to get it before anyone else can? :mad:

Yeah, it will probably be another year before I see anything on there again, lol Too bad about the air-hockey table man, that would have rocked!!!

You should subscribe to their RSS feed function. When you do a search (for example, the word "beer") scroll down to the bottom of the page and there will be a link that says RSS. You need a browser like Firefox to use it. But basically you click on the RSS link and save it as a live bookmark. What that basically means is you will have a live update of that search by just clicking on the bookmark. It will show you all the new listings etc. Very useful when you are looking for something. Plus you can make as many as you want (ie beer, keg, kegerator, etc.)

HTH,
billpa

Back