My Barley Crusher Arrives next week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
At last 10 gallons of beer bigger then 1.065!

No more 45-65% efficiency for me anymore. I am finally making my leap out of the stone age, and investing in a new mill.

I ordered up the My Barley Crusher Malt Mill this morning and expect it next week. Finally I be able to max out my mash tun with gravities upwards to 1.090 and enjoy additional cost savings with increased efficiency!:ban:

I will be looking to unload my corona mill if anyone is interested.

yeah, while my corona mill works pretty well, I need something that is going to boost my efficiency up to around 80%. I'm procuring my malt at .40 per pound, so it's dirt cheap, I figure I'll be able to squeeze at least two additional brews out of a 25kg sack of malt!

evanmars said:
A) where are you getting the malt?
B) someday, I'll finish my mill.
I get it from a friend of mine who has a brewery.

You'll finish your mill just in time to use it when you need it most.

I just fixed my crusher. I'll see tonight how much my efficiency has jumped. I was hitting 60% and wondering why when I noticed one end of the crusher had seperated and was barley able to crack grains on that end. DOH!

Congrats. Mine just got here last week, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It does look nice though...do you plan on adjusting the grind?

Back