Austin DFH90 Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanHaley

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Austin DFH 90 Minute clone? Extract or all grain?
Im going to brew my first and looking to brew a good one.

Thanks
Sean

I brewed it last week... Well not from them but I got the ingredients and amounts from someone who ordered it previously. Only saved me like $10 and wasn't really worth it because I had to measure everything out on my own. $55 for a kit beer seems a little high to me. Anyways, besides all that the wort tasted good and I just now pulled a bit from the fermenter and it is close to DFH90. When you say you are going to brew your first... Do you mean first clone brew? Or first beer ever? If it will be your first beer ever I would not suggest such a hard brew. In total it takes about 2.5-3hrs and you are adding hops every few minutes which means you kinda need to know what to do without thinking and for a beginner that may be difficult.

Thanks XJ,
Yes this will be my first homebrew ever. I called Austin to find out how hard it was to brew and told them I was a beginner. They told me the extract kits are designed for beginners.
Im a huge fan of 90Min and would love to brew it.

Back