Keg Lid-leak Solutions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coypoo

Reaction score
I've got a new keg and today when I was sanitizing it and putting it under pressure I noticed there was a leak on the lid. I tried adding more keg lube to the o-ring as well as adding some lube to the inside of the keg where the o-ring would be in contact with the keg. Neither worked at stopping the leak. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I screwed? Thanks

Did you try greater than 5 lbs of pressure? Some of mine leak till then. Does the lip look buggered up? I have used a nail punch and fixed some of the bad dent. Does not work great though.

If you lubed the o-ring then you can try flipping it around the other way and see if that helps. Next step would be to switch it with one of your other keg lids and see if that helps. Sometimes you just have to find the right combination.

Oh ya, like others said, id at least 10-15 lbs of pressure.

I contacted the seller and he said I could bring it in and they would replace it. Thanks for the tips though, I like that larger o ring and the penny idea. I'll have to keep those in mind for the future

Back