Pressure barrel problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddles

Reaction score
Right lads I'm new to the whole homebrewing thing but after I bought a Brewbuddy kit and pressure barrel a month or so ago when i had finally brewed it and threw it in the pressure barrel, following all the instructions to the dot the pressure barrel didn't add any fizz at all. I added priming sugar and everything and I could hear the secondary fermentation bubbling away through the pressure release at the top and I figured it was somehow too loose but there's no way to tighten it. I bought a woodfordes admirals reserve kit earlier and it's going in the barrel in a week or so so I'd rather it have a bit of fizz this time, is there something special i need to do to the barrel to prep it or what? It's just a bogstandard 40pint plastic pressure barrel
sorry for any stupidity up there as i said i'm new

Welcome to HBT, we're glad you're here!
I'm not familiar with your setup but I know there are a couple of folks that use the Brew buddy so hopefully they can answer your questions. You must have a leak and my uneducated guess is it's around the lid. Maybe some lube would get you a better seal. How disappointing that you had flat beer on your first brew. Good luck having your next beer nice and bubbly!

BTW, just to give you a little razzing, not all of us are lads.

Back