Wyeast Rogue Pacman Ale 1764

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sims_l22

Reaction score
Hi List,
Has anyone used the Wyeast Rogue Pacman Ale 1764 yeast. I have read a little it, but would like some reviews from someone who has use it.
sims_l22

I used it on an arrogant bastard clone and on my pale ale that finished second in BOS in the HBT BJCP competition this past summer. It's a fantastic yeast for anything you want a clean profile on. Eats up the sugars, poops out the alcohol and didn't give me any problems whatsoever.

I harvested mine and washed it to resue, but after using one jar of it in the AB clone, I came home to find that my wife cleaned out the fridge and didn't know what the "jars of goo" were in the back of the fridge and took them out. I'm proud to say that at least I didn't cry.

I've heard the attenuation on it is pretty high as well.

edit: What did you harvest it out of?

Oh, I bought the yeast. Harvest probably wasn't the best word. I mean that I reused the yeast from the batch I pitched it into.

I've been using it for all my "clean" ales lately. It's a sturdy yeast, very clean flavor profile (when treated properly), and often gets 80% apparent attenuation. I like it best when fermented cool (60-65F).

I've been harvesting, washing, and repitching my current bank of Pacman for nearly a year now, and it's still going strong. I have some on slants for longer-term storage.

I used pac man on my DogFishHead 60 min clone(well at least the hop profile ). I am also currently fermenting away on Jamil's robust porter recipe(conditioning). Rogue said not to reuse more than 6 or 7 times, so if you like it, make up a big starter at 1.04 and either slant or freeze it. I chose to freeze it and ended up with about 10 30ml samples as first generation yeasties. When I get down to my last vial, i'll rock out round two.... I just love this yeast

Back