Beer SNOBBERY(where do I get my card?)/DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK fellas! I give.

Gonna go brew a double ZIMA. I AM hungry, so a double lunch sounds good too.

My dog has gone from 45 lbs to 50, essentially making him a double.

I accept the evidence that some breweries use the term double to mean somewhat stronger.

There is little evidence to suggest that Double IPA refers to the double "I" in Imperial India Pale Ale.

The evidence presented does not prove that it isn't, any more than the extensive use of "irregardless" proves that it is a word.

go eat a double cheeseburger.

then b*tch when it doesn't come with 2 buns, double the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, mayo, etc. make sure you pay double the price as well, and get double the napkins.

go buy some double bubble. then b*tch when you open up the wrapper and find one piece of gum.

Honestly, your intention was simply to get beer geek points, and you failed miserably. All this "i wanna have an intelligent conversation" is bs, you came out flaming with a useless rant on naming protocol. not with questions.

Dubbel and tripel have historic relevance here. They also do not literally mean Double and Triple anything.

Brewers also used X, XX, XXX and XXXX.

I think they have a Language forum somewhere. You could take it up over there.

And by forum, I do not literally mean a open public space in the middle of a Roman city.

And by "take it up over there", I mean, "make your point less abrasively."

:off:

I'm not taking sides, but I do have to take issue when it comes to the word
"irregardless". The word regardless already took care of what was trying to be expressed. "Irregardless" has an illogical negative prefix which probably came about from the the word 'irrespective'. The word "irregardless" is avoided by careful users of proper English.

It's like saying 'more better'. It makes no sense, and it has no place.

Now let's have a beer!

:mug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back