Diy rims controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizzo

Reaction score
Evening! I recently moved into an apartment after having a house for several years- so I am revamping my brew system to reflect the lack of space. I am planning to use my keggle as a biab but control the mash temps with a rims tube using 120 and boiling with propane. I am looking for consistency with the rims to better repeat recipes as opposed to my cooler
Mash tun which seems to fluctuate temps.

I am looking for step by step instructions to build a rims controller- I am going to use one pump, and I think I only need one pid for temp control.

Believe me I have scoured Google and these forums but can't seem to find an actual how to build temp controller. I would really appreciate some help if someone knows of a good tutorial on how to build a small controller that I can program in the temp and let the pump run.

Thanks in advance!

Bmfr

Seems this forum is rampant with examples. How are you searching? You might start with having a specific brand if pid that you order then do a google search with that specific brand and you'll be able to find it that way. The wiring diagrams by pj will give you more than enough details for a wiring schematic. A simple google search will pull up a thread with all of his schematics. Once you have the wiring figured out, you just need a box big enough to contain it. Search tool box rims controller for a nifty cool container.

Thanks for the quick reply! There are a lot of examples for the rims toolbox- I'll take a look at those. Thanks!

Back