Degree symbol °

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chap

Reaction score
We talk a lot about temps on this forum and just thought I would mention the keyboard short cut for ° is hold the alt key, then type 2, 4, 8 on the number pad.

I didn't search, so if this has been mentioned a million times before I apologize!

I’m not trying it, somebody else try it. Maybe I'll get my coworker to try it. I know, let's get Mikey, he'll try anything. :D

.....pretty neat if it works. :rockin:

I’m not trying it, somebody else try it. Maybe I'll get my coworker to try it. I know, let's get Mikey, he'll try anything. :D

.....pretty neat if it works. :rockin:

Oh, it works. You can access all sorts of symbols that way.

⌐ ▓ æ ╝╜╛┐

ALT 2 brings me to the top of the page before I can hit 4-8. I have a laptop with no number pad, just across the top.

ALT 2 brings me to the top of the page before I can hit 4-8. I have a laptop with no number pad, just across the top.

I don't believe it will work with a laptop, unless you have the number pad on the side. To use the numbers across the top you have to hold a different combo of keys but I can't remember what those are right now.

Hold down 0 on the iPhone. Finding all kinds of crazy symbols now that I look for it

I'm an alt_167 man myself. º Though on some sites when I do that it shows up with a line under the º. Like it's been underlined.

Back in the DOS days this was a fun way to hide data on public drives. I used to make a folder with the last character ALT-255. It is a blank character, like a space. Not only did very few people understand the acscii codes and how to access them, you couldn't even see that one. So the folder was in plain site and no one could open it.

Then XTREE Gold came along and ruined all my fun.

▲
▲ ▲

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Back in the DOS days this was a fun way to hide data on public drives. I used to make a folder with the last character ALT-255. It is a blank character, like a space. Not only did very few people understand the acscii codes and how to access them, you couldn't even see that one. So the folder was in plain site and no one could open it.

Then XTREE Gold came along and ruined all my fun.

that's a blast from the past. We used to rename the autoexec.bat reference in config.sys too - so there "was no autoexec.bat" file ??? hee hee.

We talk a lot about temps on this forum and just thought I would mention the keyboard short cut for ° is hold the alt key, then type 2, 4, 8 on the number pad.

I didn't search, so if this has been mentioned a million times before I apologize!

This is great. I am a Materials Engineer for a heat treater (read: modern day blacksmith) and I write thermal process sheets most of the day. This will definitely save me time because I like to have the processes as accurate as possible. Although the asterisk will work and the guys on the shop floor will understand I still try and go the extra mile.

Thanks bud!

How do you get the degree symbol on a windows laptop?

If you don't have a numeric keypad, try running the on-screen keyboard (it's in accessibility apps in XP; in Vista just type OSK in the Start/Search bar). Set the Numlock button, Alt button, click your code on the on-screen keypad, then hit ALT again to send the code.

Might not be the easiest way, but it works.

I have Windows character map loaded, just pick and place without learning any keystrokes.

Ø ° Ʊ Δ ف

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

If I take the time to learn this, my brain will probably push out something important to make room for the new info. I don't want to forget how to walk or how to throw goats at small children.

Back