I wasn't gonna do this.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDakota

Reaction score
....but what the fick.

My name is Drew. I am 26 years old and I live in Youngstown, Ohio. I got hitched about a year and a half ago, but didn't really get a SWMBO 'til April. That is when we had our first child, Emma. I work as the sign shop manager at a beer distributorship for a MAJOR US brewer. (It's sad, really, because now I can't even drink their beer.)

Like many people joining the HBT community soon, I began homebrewing (if you can call it that) with a Mr. Beer kit that my dad got me for X-Mas about 3 years ago. Up until mid-October, I had not really thought anything was wrong with this set-up. I would say October 20th was about the day I found this site. Very shortly after lurking HBT, I decided that I needed to step up and go to the next logical step.

Ale Pales Beginner Kit...........$80
SS Brew Pot.........................$80
Brewers Best Robust Porter..$25
Finding something that is better than $60 XBOX360 games
...........................................Priceless

Since then, I have brewed an AHS Canadian Ale, a BB IPA, McTarnamins BB Holiday Ale, Beirmunchers Haus Session Ale & an AHS Northland Ale. I also added a 20' copper homemade IC, homemade pre-chiller & a 19cf used fridge to be resurected as a three tap kegerator. If that weren't enough to prove the addiction of HB, I also have 2.5g of Ed's Apfelwein bottled, 2.5g Ed's AW fermenting and 1g of JAOM hiding in my liqour cabinet.

If any new guys are reading this, (I always hated the term 'newbie') I would like to offer you some advise,
1. These people know their ****. Listen to them be & specific in your posts.
2. Use the search function. (Advanced Search works better.)
3. Don't think you just screwed up your brew doing something stupid. Someone has done it long before you even had the idea to HB.
4. Brew for yourself at first. Don't worry about what your friends like.
5. Become a paying member. *EDIT* Just trust me.

Sorry, One more thing.
Thank you. All of you for participating in this forum, for showing the "newbs" the way and for not really being EACs.
-Drew

Welcome to the forum and that is some great advice you are passing along.

LostDakota said:
....but what the fick.

My name is Drew. I am 26 years old and I live in Youngstown, Ohio. I got hitched about a year and a half ago, but didn't really get a SWMBO 'til April. That is when we had our first child, Emma. I work as the sign shop manager at a beer distributorship for a MAJOR US brewer. (It's sad, really, because now I can't even drink their beer.)

Like many people joining the HBT community soon, I began homebrewing (if you can call it that) with a Mr. Beer kit that my dad got me for X-Mas about 3 years ago. Up until mid-October, I had not really thought anything was wrong with this set-up. I would say October 20th was about the day I found this site. Very shortly after lurking HBT, I decided that I needed to step up and go to the next logical step.

Ale Pales Beginner Kit...........$80
SS Brew Pot.........................$80
Brewers Best Robust Porter..$25
Finding something that is better than $60 XBOX360 games
...........................................Priceless

Since then, I have brewed an AHS Canadian Ale, a BB IPA, McTarnamins BB Holiday Ale, Beirmunchers Haus Session Ale & an AHS Northland Ale. I also added a 20' copper homemade IC, homemade pre-chiller & a 19cf used fridge to be resurected as a three tap kegerator. If that weren't enough to prove the addiction of HB, I also have 2.5g of Ed's Apfelwein bottled, 2.5g Ed's AW fermenting and 1g of JAOM hiding in my liqour cabinet.

If any new guys are reading this, (I always hated the term 'newbie') I would like to offer you some advise,
1. These people know their ****. Listen to them be & specific in your posts.
2. Use the search function. (Advanced Search works better.)
3. Don't think you just screwed up your brew doing something stupid. Someon
4. Brew for yourself at first. Don't worry about what your friends like.
5. Become a paying member.

4. Amen.
5. Shhh! What part of "secret" don't you get????

#5= done. I think the part in #1 about being specific in your post needs to be in bold.

Welcome. I agree. lot of good info and laughs here. ...i am sleep depreived just now and have no sense of humour but still manage a smile :)

Welcome! I have a couple friends that originated in or around Youngstown, myself. Neither brews, but at least one of them enjoys the fruits of such labor.

That is some good advice there.

TL

Back