How much silicone tubing do I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
I am placing an order tonite for silicone tubing it's pretty much the last piece (besides a trub filter) that I need to buy for my system.

Brutus 10 type single tier, with HERMS, two pumps, also using the HERMS to cool the wort.

So how many feet of 1/2" silicone tubing do you think I will need?

Ok, I'll guess: 42

Seriously, get out your tape measure, paper and pencil, and go through all your runs. Nobody here knows how tall or long your rig is, where your pumps are mounted, where your ports are located, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers!

For some reason, that was one of the most anxious moments for me on my system. I was worried about ordering one foot too short. Then I went through the same thing when I was cutting it up.

I am not at home and I want to order tonite. My stand is about 51" long I want to say, keggles, pumps are about 2' down from the keggles.

I wanna say like 20' I don't mind being a little over just don't want to be short.

Bobby how much did you start with? I figure anyone with a 2 pump brutus 10 with keggles will be close enough to mine to give me an idea of what to order, adding some extra for the HERMS.

BTW Bobby I am ordering from you cuz I need that refractometer, I can't see or read the tiny #'s on my hydrometer. So I save on shipping getting it all from one place.

Ok, I'll guess: 42

Seriously, get out your tape measure, paper and pencil, and go through all your runs. Nobody here knows how tall or long your rig is, where your pumps are mounted, where your ports are located, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers!

I underestimated how many hoses I would need. If you plan on using a pump and pumping through a counterflow chiller and back to a kettle for cleaning the number would be 3 total. I only made 2. Now my final count is 3 and a half. I made up a short one to get below the siphon line to empty when I need to.

Back