My LHBS gave me the wrong grains. Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasen1148

Reaction score
I was planning on brewing an American Stout today and on Sunday went to my LHBS. I brought about half the grains with me from home to mill as I was trying to use a lot of leftovers from prior brew days. One of those leftovers was 8 ounces of white wheat. I needed 5 pounds of Two-Row and 12 ounces chocolate malt. It appears they may have sold me 12 more ounces of wheat and no chocolate malt.

If this turns out to be accurate (as I have sent an email to the LHBS trying to determin if this is correct as my deduction is based on my receipt), what affect could having this extra 12 ounces of white wheat have on my American Stout recipe assuming it also has the original 8 ounces that I brought to the store to mill and I pick up the chocolate malt today? My recipe was for 5 gallons and included 10.75 pounds of grains prior to this potential additional 12 ounces of wheat. Thanks!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back