Funny Funny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

je52rm

Reaction score
the first part of this is a bit gross but funny in the end.

I unfortunately had a bad clogged drain in my kitchen sink about a week ago. It was a really bad clog that even commercial strength Drano couldnt get through. It started to stink really bad (like a septic tank!)from the buildup in the pipes. I had to buy a Drain auger/snake (got a 50 ft. dont waste time with 25 ft.) and it worked wonders. Within 15 minutes i was done and all put back together with water running great and all draining properly.

So a couple days go by and i keep smelling a horrible stank in that portion of the house but cannot figure out where it was coming from. I poured some hot bleach solution down each drain in the house to try and flush out the smell and all. Still Stanky!

Well i figured it out the other day! It was coming from a batch of Graff (My first ever Cider) that i got a recipe from here on the forums (Brandon O's graff[Malted Cider])
That stuff smelled just like a FART! Of course then i see all the threads about "Rhino Farts" when fermenting Cider. hahahahhahahahaha funny!

Hilarious! I bet SWMBO just loves you right now.

Funny you brought it up, I'm currently fermenting Northern Brewers "Lefse Blonde" (a belgian blonde-ish brew) in my bedroom closet (warmest spot in the house). After folding laundry in the bedroom last night, my SWMBO came out and asked me if I went into the bedroom to fart. I said "No I fart wherever I am" and went to the bedroom to investigate. After sniffing around for a few seconds I ended up in the closet, which stank of fermentation.

I told SWMBO that I didnt know what she was talking about and walked out. She hasnt brought it up since though I still smell fermentation :)

BBKing said:
Hilarious! I bet SWMBO just loves you right now.

Funny you brought it up, I'm currently fermenting Northern Brewers "Lefse Blonde" (a belgian blonde-ish brew) in my bedroom closet (warmest spot in the house). After folding laundry in the bedroom last night, my SWMBO came out and asked me if I went into the bedroom to fart. I said "No I fart wherever I am" and went to the bedroom to investigate. After sniffing around for a few seconds I ended up in the closet, which stank of fermentation.

I told SWMBO that I didnt know what she was talking about and walked out. She hasnt brought it up since though I still smell fermentation :)

Hahahaha that's a good one too! This is my first batch of cider ever so I didn't know to expect this kinda stank but if the end results are as good as everyone is raving about on the original recipe thread then it will be worth it. Thanks for sharing your funny fermen"STANK"tion experience.

Back