Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptpeter

Reaction score
hi guys,

two quick questions.
1) if i make soda can i keg that in a corny keg the same way i would with beer and then just force carbonate it?

2) are there any recipes for a beer like Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss? It sure is good.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

yeah actually my friend had it and said it was great.. i think its apple spice..

ptpeter said:
hi guys,

two quick questions.
1) if i make soda can i keg that in a corny keg the same way i would with beer and then just force carbonate it?

Yes. Basic principles apply to both liquids (beer and soda) - eg a cold liquid dissolves CO2 faster than a warm one. Recommend not interchanging soda and beer kegs due to strong flavors remnants from sodas affecting beer. Sodas are usually carbonated to a higher psi than beer - in the 40 to 50 psi range. That means if you want to run beer and soda from the same CO2 tank at the same time, two secondary regulators are preferred. I modified a 2-liter soda bottle cap with a bulkhead fitting connected to my CO2 tank (w/ shutoff valves) - allows us to carbonate anything we can put in a 2-liter soda bottle. Carbonated orange koolaid tastes pretty good; of course carbonating (tap) water makes soda water aka seltzer aka club soda.

Cheesefood said:
Have you heard about the new Leine's apple beer? I'm tempted to look for it.

GAWD...I want it!

ptpeter--soda is on my list o' things to do this spring. My daughters are coming to visit over spring break so I thought it would be fun for them to help me make soda, and then sample the finished product a short while later.
I am going to force carb it like you mentioned--but probably also send a few 2 liters back home with them. :)

Know any good sources for soda extract? I plan on using Northern Brewer because they have the Sprecher extracts. Sprecher Root Beer and Cream Soda? Now that is heaven.

thanks for the help.

for soda extracts i just go to a local homebrew store by me but i think i might order off of northern brewer because of the Sprecher extract. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back