St. Patty's day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrew2u

Reaction score
So who's brewing what on 3/17? I thought it would be fun to see what everyone is brewing.

No brewing for me that day... I'll be busy packing for Mexico!!! :D

I will be brewing either the NB Dead Ringer clone, or Denny's Rye IPA on Friday.

:mug:

Was going to brew an english IPA that day but brew schedule got changed so I'm gonna make a rye IPA that day and the english IPA another day.

I've got a 12 pack of my Sunset Gold APAv2 in the fridge last Sunday to drink with corned beef & cabbage,& O'brian potatoes. I can't wait to see what the ahtanum & stirling hops taste like with that meal.

Hmm this is a good idea. Might be a good time to brew up an imperial stout and let it age until next year, since it seems I always forget to actually brew a St Patty’s Day beer until around March 1st .

I brewed an English(Irish) Mild this year on the 3rd, it will be ready for Saturday’s festivities but not the best it can be (good thing I made 10 gallons and will be hoarding the second keg). I am sure it will be quaffed by all none the less.

Almost the same here. My APAv2 was in bottles 3 weeks & 3 days upon entering the fridge zone for 6 days. It's usually better at 4-5 weeks,but should still be good by Saturday. Nice clear amber orange color too.

I am brewing on Saturday... but I still have no idea what.

I am considering a Brutal Bitter-ish beer at this point.

I'm brewing right now and have corned beef slow cooking in the crockpot and a head of cabbage ready. Ah crap! I forgot the potatoes. I'll have to see what's available in the pantry. Not going to drive anywhere cause I had a few homebrews today.

had to work today, so I brewed during the week....but I am drinking my newest stout as I type:mug:

I have 6 gallons of dry stout in my secondary right now and in honor of St Patty's day I drew out about 8 ounces to drink. It was even slightly fizzy, and delicious.

Started the day with 2 big racks of ribs. Then I did an AG Belgium Wheat & as I was almost finished with that batch some friends arrived to help so I had an extract nut brown ale so we did that also. First time brewing 2 5 gallon batches in a day...whew, I'm tired!:rockin:

Finished the day eating the ribs & fixin's. A Good Day!

Not brewing but I am having the first bottle of my most Irish beer available: a Russian Imperial Stout that started as a Guinness clone I was going to help a coworker brew for a Christmas present. She left me high and dry, so I added some extra grains and made what is so far an amazing little RIS.

43% British Pale Malt
16% Marris Otter
11% Flaked Barley
11% DME
6% Roasted Barley
5% Special B
4% Chocolate Malt
3% Carapils

Irish Ale Yeast
1.087 OG, 8.8% ABV. Fan-friggin-tastic.

1332004234927.jpg

Not brewing but drinking at the beach. Love south florida winters