Bad Orfy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noes! i am in the same boat. i need to keg my stout (might donate to a new years party, tho...then i'll officially be out of beer until my swap brews are ready) :(

I hear ya. My kegerator is empty at the moment as well. I've got barleywine, scotch ale and bock in the secondary but plan to bottle for NHC competition. I need to get busy and brew! Next up will be Saison Sept (for my 24 season seven party) and D.O.A. (Don's Oscar Ale for my Oscar party in Feb.)

The hobgoblin will get ya!

I need to bottle the hopwine & melomel, but I HATE bottling.

I will run out in six weeks if I don't brew really soon. I have enough product on hand for two ten gallon batches but I can't get to them. Mrs Fingers says no brewing this weekend. :(

Fingers, only a true homebrewer would think that running out of beer in six weeks means it's imminent. :p I've been out of homebrew for two months, so you won't get any sympathy from me! I should be doing my Slumpbuster Porter this week though.

I'm in the opposite situation, I actually have all five of my kegs filled at the moment. I just bottled/kegged my Apfelwein today.

Orfy, I wish I could help you out. :mug:

EvilTOJ said:
Fingers, only a true homebrewer would think that running out of beer in six weeks means it's imminent.

Well, it is. If I don't brew now, it won't have six weeks to properly age so I'll eventually run out. Then all I'll be able to do is keep scanning BierMuncher's posts and scheming of ways to become his new BFF.

Whoa, hey now, let's not start talkin crazy talk now! They do still sell beer at the store, you know. In bottles and everything!

At first I was like -What the Hell? Why are all running out? But I may have it. Giving any beer away for christmas anyone? I actually have a little bit stashed away, but after x-mas I will be a bit light to say the least.

I drink about 5-6 beers per evening - that's 60-72 oz per day. At that rate, a 5 gal keg will last me about 9 days (on the low end, maybe 11-12 days if I stretch it). So to be "in stock" I need to have about 3 kegs ready every month. Not on the same day, mind you, but close to each other. Assuming that I keg condition for about 3 weeks before serving, and P+S is another 3 weeks, then I need to brew 6 weeks in advance. Assuming I'm still doing 5 gal batches, I will either need to brew double batches every other weekend, or else choose to brew 8, 7, and 6 weeks in advance for the upcoming month. Either way, though, at 15 gallons per month, that is 180 gallons per year.

To make it more difficult, I plan to serve my own beer at our wedding in June. That'll need at least 6 kegs or 30 gallons just for 1 day. Plus, I need to brew about 15 gal of homemade root beer for the same event.

I've been "running out" since the day I started. I hope to fix that problem next week with some super-mega brewing marathons, and further fix it by kegging everything I possibly can. I'll need a few more primaries though.

I brew more than I drink. I still have like 15 cases in my brew room. If I keep up this pace I will likely never be able to say that I have run out of beer.

Back