Apfelwein after 7 months in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
Add fresh yeast to carb or is there enough in there?

Please don't flame me. I promise I've searched but there are about 1,000,000,000 posts about it and I can't seem to get the right search to pinpoint what I need.

you will most likely have enough or end up sucking up enough to be able to carb it up. You could also go the route of adding some more though as it is only about a dollar for a pack and you will be sure to have enough.

Subscribing!

Incidental to yeast washing if you ask me... where do they go when they fall asleep? To the bottom? If so, could Ellis shake the bottle (just a bit) and let it sit for another day? Prime, then rack perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know!

(Incidentally I'd think tossing a fresh pack in is almost guaranteed to work, but I'd like to know what The Experts Think)

any of my looooong primaries i always drag the syphon across the bottom just a bit to add some yeast to the bottling bucket..

*edit*
anything im planning on carbing.
anything else i do my best not to disturb the cake

Back