Stadium Beer Prices for MLB in 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting little graph a friend of mine found and posted on Facebook.

BeerPerStadium.jpg

It's interesting that most of the beer sold at Cardinals games is brewed two miles from the stadium but still manages to make the top of the list.

Seriously...beer at sporting events has become ridiculous. No wonder why most people tailgate lol

I'm a Dodger fan, wife is Giants. Went to a game in S.F. last year. The "beer" was $9 a "pint". It was served in orange cups that said BEAT LA on both sides. I abstained...

I've always found the beer at sporting events and concerts in St. Louis to be way expensive. Never have figured that one out.

They know people will pay the prices. The one that shocks me is the Blue Jays. It seems that they would need to give away the beer to get people to come to the games.

I read an article written by a lady who manages the food and beverage vending at a stadium. She said part of the reason prices are so high is they have to buy the alcohol at a higher rate then pay for the appropriate liscences to sell it. She said if they could sell it cheaper they would, but they have to charge more so they can afford it. Not sure if it was a cop out, but it was an interesting read...

Back