Brewers Best Conditioning Tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smontgo1

Reaction score
Since I started home brewing I've been kegging my beer. I recently decided to bottle a six pack and/or a couple of bombers of each batch to age and take to parties. I added the Brewers Best Conditioning Tablets to sanitized bottles following their recommendations for med. carbonation. 4 tablets/12oz bottle and 7 tablets/bomber (20oz. bottle). Does anyone have experience with these tablets? How long should I wait before I crack one open? I don't want to take a six pack of flat beer to a party.

same amount of time as you normally would for bottle carbonating, regardless of the type of priming sugar you used (thats all those tablets are- priming sugar).

so 2-4 weeks atleast.

same amount of time as you normally would for bottle carbonating, regardless of the type of priming sugar you used (thats all those tablets are- priming sugar).

so 2-4 weeks atleast.

My LHBS recommended the Brewers Best tablets to me, due to a problem bottling the first half of a particular batch. I made a double black IPA, 12% ABV. I bottled the first 10L with priming sugar in 12oz bottles, the other went into an oak barrel. After 4 weeks conditioning at 72F, my beer was flat and I could taste the sweetness of the priming sugar. Since I use WL001 as my yeast, the LHBS said I likely didn't have any living yeast left in the beer and that these conditioning caps would work, since they acted a lot like tiny alka-seltzers.

So, will these tablets work on my next bottling of this 12% beer? I planned on using 5 tablets per 22oz bottle, so they didn't over carbonate and become beer bombs.

I don't have a kegging system, so force carbonation that way is out of the question. But any advice would help. I am due to bottle the remaining beer in two weeks.

Back