Bottling Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoronBrothersBrewery

Reaction score
Hey guys,

About to brew my first lager (German Pils) and I wanted to go over my bottling process with you guys and maybe get some feedback. Not setup for kegging yet, but will happen soon. Here's what I'm thinking for now.

After fermentation is complete (4-5 weeks at 50-53 deg) check gravity, then rack to bottling bucket, add priming sugar and bottle. Let carb for 2-3 weeks at room temp (also allowing for d-rest at same time). BTW, I ferment the whole way in primary, no secondary for me.

After 2-3 weeks, put bottles in 35 deg fridge for about 2 months, and finish lagering.

Would LOVE some feedback on any part of my process. Like I said, this is my first attempt a lager, so I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Do you calculate your priming sugar for the temp it was lagered at, or the room temp it warms up to?

Back