How would you sparge with my system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
I'm attempting my second ever AG batch tomorrow. I'm making the Special Bitter in the Brewing Classic Styles book.

Roughly 10lbs. of grain. I have the Zapap setup right now and my first AG with this equipment I fly sparged and I think it went pretty well, but that beer isn't ready yet.

If you were using the Zapap setup would you batch sparge? I've never done this before but it seems like it would be a lot easier than fly sparging with the false bottom.

Any opinions on this one? Also, does anyone have a link for batch sparging with the Zapap lauter tun?? Thanks!!

The zapap is basically a false bottom setup. You can sparge either way. If you fly sparged last time, try batch sparging this time, and decide for yourself which you prefer. That's really the only way to settle such a religious topic for yourself.

And would you split your sparge volume in half and do two seperate sparges?? That is more common now, correct?? How should I determine sparge volume?

Back