I dont know what I just brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrmedic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I decided to clean out my brew materials. So I threw into my MLT 6 pounds Golden promise, 2 pounds Munich, 2 pounds Carared, 4 ounces roasted barley. I was low on my mash temp so it rested at 147. I overdid my sparge water so I ended up with 8 gallons in my BK. So I added 1 pound pilsen DME and a pound of wheat DME. My hops were 1/2 oz of Nelson Sauvin at 11.5%, 1/2 oz of Falconers flight at 12% for the full boil which will be 2 hours. I am adding in 1/2 oz Amarillo at 60 min, 1/2 oz NZ B Saaz at 30 and 10 min.

Going to pitch 2 vials of WL Irish Ale yeast. Fermetn at 64 for 2 weeks and see what I get.

I think it will be something like a brown ale, but who knows.

This cleans out my miscellaneous brew materials.

Anyone ever done this before?

Yes, Kitchen sink brews are great for purging the leftovers.

FWIW, and to answer your question in your post title...

...Beer...you brewed beer...:D

I did a Brown Ale using up leftovers but I did it a little less willy nilly. I put the ingredients in Beer Calculus and had a pretty good idea of what I was going to get.

One of my best thus far BTW.:rockin:

That was my premise, it is some type of beer, but it wont fit any guidelines. Will be interesting to see what it tastes like.

I put it into Beersmith and it looks like it will be an amber ale with IBU's around 50 and 6.5% ABV. Sounds yummy.

I brewed a pm beer a while back this way. Its basically an esb, but with some brown malt thrown in. Dry hopped with ekg.

Turned out pretty good! Its like a super toasty bitter.

Last week I brewed a kitchen sink strong-ale, starting out at 1.080 SG.

Target hops, Halcyon, Belgian Pils, Malted Oats, Crystal Malts 40 and 150, Amber Malt, Brown Malt, some Dry Malt Extract and a dash of dextrose. Two packs of Saffale American Ale yeast.

Fermented it at 68F, and now she's on cruise-control heading into conditioning country.

Back