Aloha from Oahu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopwortsbrew

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wanted to say hi from Hawaii. I am in the process of brewing my first real batch of beer(done a couple of mr.beers with some success, but not a huge fan). Some insight on me.
I just turned 28, I am a full time student at UMUC, and I live and play on the wonderful island of Oahu.

So as I said, I just brewed my first batch of brew last Friday, She is sitting in fermentation right now and I took a couple of gravity readings that have stayed the same. Pretty excited so far. Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot from you guys. cheers!

Shes an extract with 1 3/4 pounds of specialty. I did start a new thread in the beginner brew thread with even more details.

I practically live in Kailua, with how often I am there, such as tonight for a kegger for st. paddys day. Only got a few more years out here before the big move back to Maryland.

Aloha, I'm out in Wai`anae on the far West Side.
I've done 2 Cooper's kits from the place in Mapunapuna and one I got from Amazon w/o shipping charge.

Can't figure how to up my membership. I tried and the only payment method seems to be Pay Pal which I don't use. ?????????????????

wai' anae? Awesome! I go to electric beach every now and again to snorkel a bit. I think the next kit I get is going to be from amazon though.

Greetings and welcome to the obsession. Get ready to spend your waking hours (and dreams) thinking of things to brew, build, or tinker with. You'll find yourself strolling through the local hardware store thinking, hey I could use that for . . . . . :D

wai' anae? Awesome! I go to electric beach every now and again to snorkel a bit. I think the next kit I get is going to be from amazon though.

I think that no shipping charge was a one time thing. Been back again and I don't see it any more. But I'll keep looking.

Is there a brewers group here on O`ahu that you know of?

Going down to LBSH this Sat to pick up more supplies. Would like to do a red ale or a coffee ale.

Back