My Companions for the weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
28a2l36.jpg

SWMBO kinda likes the lambics. She's getting there.

I've NEVER had La Fin Du Monde or the Hobgoblin or the Three Philosophers, or the Stone Smoked Porter.

:drunk:

I thought that La Fin Du Monde was just ok. Not anywhere near as good as their Trois Pistoles. The Stone Smoked Porter is very good.

ohiobrewtus said:
I thought that La Fin Du Monde was just ok. Not anywhere near as good as their Trois Pistoles.

x2 on that.. Never seen the Three Philosophers before.

I had picked up three philosiphers a month or so ago and it was very good. Definitly a sipping beer, pretty big. Thought it was almost champaignish

Three Philosphers is a rad brew. One of them alone will put you in high spirits. La Fin Do Monde, save til the next night after Three Philosophers.. =) Stone's Porter is a work of art in itself.. As for the others, cant comment.

Three Philosophers is a brilliant beer. Is that a real fruit gueuze, or a sweetened, pasteurized "lambic"?

What do you think of the Sam Adams Brown? I had one in a mixed six pack and thought it was pretty good. Other reviews out their seemed to be mixed at best.

talleymonster said:

SWMBO and I drank the Peach Lambic last night. She claims not to like beer, and when I poured her a galss she was like" Why is it soo dark?" I told her that it was ale, not wine. She got a weird look on her face, but then she tasted it and really liked it.

Then on to the Three Philosophers. She didn't like it so much. I thought she might because it has cherry lambic added. But once I read the label more closely I saw that it it 98% ale, and 2% ale with cherrry lambic. So it didn't have near enough of the cherry coming through for her. I however, really liked it. It only has a hint of the cherry lambic, so it still tastes like a beer and not a wine cooler. The alcohol was real strong, you could really smell and taste it.

I've had the Sam Adams before. It's not the best Brown Ale I've had, but it is good. I'm just kinda burned out on Newcastle.

The In Heat Wheat is one of my faves, made by Flying Dog.

Haven't tried the others yet.

Drank the Hobgoblin, or as Orfy calls it the Hobby Gobby. I wouldn't mind brewing Orfy's recipe once I go all grain.

Also drank one of the La Fin Du Monde.

what did you think of the la fin du monde?
Personally, I am a big fan of it but others have said it has been so-so.

joebou4860 said:
what did you think of the la fin du monde?
Personally, I am a big fan of it but others have said it has been so-so.

I liked it as well. I am anxious to try a couple of their other beers after some peoples responses.

Back