Ferm-cap storage temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobliebop

Reaction score
Any ideas on what temperature I should store my ferm-cap? I have it sitting in my fridge, but I'd rather just put it in my closet with my other brewing supplies. Haven't been able to find any info on the internet which makes me think it probably doesnt' matter either way... thanks!:mug:

My label didnt say anything about storing in the fridge and mine has just been sitting my my basement with the rest of my things and it still works great I've used it in the last 40 gallons i've brewed this year and they are all good :)

Mine doesn't say anything about refrigeration so I've kept it in a kitchen cupboard. I haven't had any ill effects from drinking beer made with it (it's about a year old now) and it still worked to stop a boil over 2 weeks ago. Maybe I'll throw it in the fridge when I get home...

i can't stand it.....i think i'm going to leave work right now and get mine in the fridge. while i'm there, i should probably start brewing just to make sure the efficacy hasn't gone in the crapper. :D

Back