Need Keg Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmiHeiner

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm a fairly new all grain brewer and have zero experience when it comes to kegs. I've been wanting one for a long time but haven't really wanted to pay the steep prices for kegging equipment.

Today I came into something for FREE which I think will be perfect but I need some conversion advice.

It's a 20 liter (5.3 Gal.) Italian AEB Eye wash keg . Appears to be aluminum

I should probably point out that I live in Germany currently so i'm mostly dealing with Metric.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this type of keg?

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

Yep, that's a standard AEB keg so it looks like you just need to change the gas and liquid posts. The diptube by the way should be sitting in the dimple in the bottom of the keg. Not sure from the pic if they bent the tube or not as it looks to be seated on the floor outside the dimple.

Rev.

Thanks for the input. I thought it looked like a standard Pepsi keg, but the italy/ AEB threw me off. Guess I'll look into getting some ball lock connectors. This was the most impractical eye wash station i've ever seen but I'll find a new job for it.
Cheers :mug:

I have used this before. We Energies uses them as their portable eyewash station like you said. You can find them on eBay for 400+ dollars but most companies have been getting rid of them. They work great if you have the correct parts

It's a standard ball lock keg... and stainless.

Unfortunately, it looks like that coupler has been welded onto the keg. That's an issue.

You may have just gotten a free stainless fermenter...

It's a standard ball lock keg... and stainless.

Unfortunately, it looks like that coupler has been welded onto the keg. That's an issue.

You may have just gotten a free stainless fermenter...

the attachments were welded together but not to the keg itself. I'll just have to replace the whole ball lock assy.

I ordered the posts and in/outs. On a side note, The eye wash spray hose was steel braided so I was able to make a couple of long bazooka filters for my cooler mash tun project!

Back