• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for corny keg, wort chiller, perlick and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostEd6

Reaction score
Need a few more things for my brewing/kegging setup.
- 1 ball lock corny keg

I'm sure there's more to add to the list. I'll update as the build progresses.
Thanks all,
- Ed

Edit: only need the corny keg now.

Also check RiteBrew.com for the faucets, shanks, tubing, and other kegging/keezer sundries.

AIH and AHB have used kegs at decent prices and they go on sale every now and then, or try CL.

Haha yeah I already bought one torpedo keg. Was planning on doing a single tap setup out of a 5cf keezer but found a 7cf chest freezer on Craigslist for $100. Now I'm going with two taps. I found Amazon has the perlick faucets cheaper. Was going on a limb hoping I could find some used parts since I just doubled my keezer build plans!

Haha yeah I already bought one torpedo keg. Was planning on doing a single tap setup out of a 5cf keezer but found a 7cf chest freezer on Craigslist for $100. Now I'm going with two taps. I found Amazon has the perlick faucets cheaper. Was going on a limb hoping I could find some used parts since I just doubled my keezer build plans!

I looked and I can't find them on Amazon for cheaper than the MoreBeer price. I got mine for $49.99 each with free shipping. They're still on sale at that price.

The cheapest I see them on Amazon is $54.97 plus shipping. That's for the 650SS, which is the flow control faucet. The 630SS faucets are cheaper, but no flow control. Would you provide a link to the ones you're referring to? I might want to buy more. :)

Let me add some links:

Adventures in Homebrewing (AIH)

Austin Home Brew (AHB)

Check the HomeBrew Finds (HBF) blog a few times daily for the latest homebrew deals. You'll get a good feel for what's going around and street prices. Keep in mind not everything posted is worthwhile or a must have, it's just an independent up to date compilation of current offerings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

I guess I'm missing something--those list for $79.99, the ones at morebeer are $49.99. Yes, you get the shank, but they still seem more expensive. What am I missing?

Look at the cost of this kit vs everything individually on morebeer.com it's much cheaper to purchase this kit. 4"stainless shanks are not cheap.

Got everything I needed. Thanks all. Next step is saving for AG brewing equipment!

Got everything I needed. Thanks all. Next step is saving for AG brewing equipment!

If you're in an area that has Craigslist, start watching it for brewing equipment. Search brewing, beer, mash, stuff like that.

I stumbled across a guy getting out of brewing who had a mash tun as part of the equipment he was selling; it was such a good deal that I could not pass it up--and that's how I got into All-Grain, months and months before I thought I'd be able to. There was also a fridge for kegs or lagering or whatever; temp control...a whole ton of stuff (or tun of stuff if you like ;) ). After I sold the two carboys, I was out...$125.

You may find a cheap 50-quart cooler you can convert, or a 12-gallon brewpot, or...who knows? I see used brew stuff for sale all the time.

As Branch Rickey once said, "Luck is the residue of design." Or as Mongoose33 once said, "Good things can come to those who monitor Craigslist."

Just an update. Do NOT order the above posted KegWorks faucet/shank setup from Amazon. It showed up with a brass shank and tail piece not stainless like it said in description. KegWorks blames Amazon and Amazon blames KegWorks. Regardless I returned the whole setup and am ordering through ritebrew.com. Hopefully this will be a problem free transaction.

Just an update. Do NOT order the above posted KegWorks faucet/shank setup from Amazon. It showed up with a brass shank and tail piece not stainless like it said in description. KegWorks blames Amazon and Amazon blames KegWorks. Regardless I returned the whole setup and am ordering through ritebrew.com. Hopefully this will be a problem free transaction.

Ritebrew has never done me wrong! If you're in their delivery area, use the Spee dee delivery. It's cheaper, and fast!

That's the delivery method I chose. Never heard of them. Looking for a couple faucet handles now.

Back