• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB pressure cooker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
For freezing yeast. Any old junk(but functional) one would be fine. Looking to get it for around 20-25ish depending on its condition and size.

How would you use this to freeze yeast? Or is this to sterilize starters to freeze?

I have two both are 6 or maybe 8qt. So, they're small, works? If so I ll pull them out and we can talk.

Take a look at Goodwill. I ALWAYS see them there. ALso, tj maxx, gordmans, or burlington coat factory seem to have them for about 20 bucks.

I'd like to be able to fit my pipette tubes into it, theyre about a foot long(if you wanna see if you can close the thing with a ruler in there), I guess that's pretty big though. But if your offering one at a steal price either 6 or 8 quart would be fine depending on how much ya want for it :)

I got a pressure cooker from my mom, but she lost the weighted valve, and they are going for over $20 each on Ebay... I should pull the trigger, because it will make sterilizing yeast tubes possible and greatly aid in making canned wort for starters.

Homercidal said:
I got a pressure cooker from my mom, but she lost the weighted valve, and they are going for over $20 each on Ebay... I should pull the trigger, because it will make sterilizing yeast tubes possible and greatly aid in making canned wort for starters.

Look at thrift stores. My local thrift store had multiple pressure cookers with weights for $7 for the whole thing!

Latest posts

Back