SNPA clone is in bottles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myersn024

Reaction score
Like the title says, the SNPA clone from Austin Homebrew is now in bottles after about 3 weeks of fermentation. I cracked one open tonight since I'm impatient. Impressions after two days bottling conditioning: this is good beer, but not as good as it will be after a few more weeks. The hops are close to where I like them, but a little more aging will help alot. Carbonation is minimal at best. This'll be my first time to prime in a bottling bucket so we'll see how it goes. My biggest fear right now is that carbonation won't be good. My last brew was very mildly carbonated, due to insufficient priming sugar in each bottle. I just hope I got the priming solution mixed well enough for all of the bottles to get about the same amount. I really don't want to make flat home brew again. All that aside, if it is this good now, I can't wait until it gets three whole weeks in the bottles.

Oh, and one more thing.....I really like Cascades!!!!

Well, after about 2 weeks in bottles the stuff is carbed up good and tasting great. Another week or two to mellow a little more will make for some damn good brew. As for AHB's SNPA clone, it is really good and if I'd used liquid yeast it would be better. With the nottingham yeast it is close....just not quite there though definitely SNPA-esque. However, for a first try at a clone brew I'd have to say that I did a good job.

I have a SNPA clone I brewed back in June, down to the last 10 bottles, and dang gumit, it is goooooood. I just brewed it a second time. Can't wait to compare it to the original batch i brewed up.

Back