Help, contaminated beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turdsammiches

Reaction score
i have a 5 gallon batch of oatmeal stout i made, after three days it quit bubbling, throughout the rest of the ferment it rarely ever bubbled, i was going to bottle today and opened it and found translucent film in the shape of circles in the middle with patches of what looks like mold, the biggest being about the size of a quarter...just wondering if i should siphon from the bottom and leave the mold if it will be ok, or is it ruined and should i dump it out? :confused:

We need to see a picture. But frankly I doubt it is an infection. Especially if you were going by airlock bubbling as some sort of gauge of fermentation. Whether an airlock bubbles or not doesn't mean fermentation has started or stopped. What you more than likely are seeing is NORMAL krausen....It really is hard to infect your beer, so I highly doubt it is....

u0k0p.jpg

best picture i can get right now, will taste in a few minutes

Looks like beer to me.

:off:
Revvy how is it you always seem to catch the "infection" posts.

Back