Hi from Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noubourne

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Another sconnie brewer! Whodathunk?

Just started last year with a mead and have followed with several successful batches of beer - and a couple not-so-successful batches.

I have found that you learn more from failure!

However, I prefer to learn from small failures - as opposed to the near full batch dump I had to do on my second try. A couple of my friends and I choked down a couple gallons of it - but it was just crap so I dumped it. Lesson learned: You cannot stretch a batch to 6 gallons by adding sugar alone. LOL!! Seems silly now. Who could argue against a whole extra gallon of beer though?

I bottled one batch and then purchased a kegerator and a cornelius keg. Minus 2 hours of sanitation and bottling per batch (I have an apartment with limited space). It now takes about 20 minutes to keg, including cleanup. Worth every penny!!

Alright, another MadTown Brewer! Welcome. I've been brewing for about a year now too. Have you jumped to All-Grain yet?

Welcome. The cheeseheads here are a great group. But you'll find that out. Remember the search function is your friend. But so are all the members here.

Welcome! Are ya watching the Badgers get squished? I am- they're down 24-7 it's almost halftime. Good excuse for drinking more! Welcome again!

Back