Priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jroc

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am ready to bottle, and I just have one simple question. The directions state to dissolve the dextrose in one cup of boiling water, then into the primary, then basically rack the beer into it. Should the water and dextrose still be boiling hot, or should it be allowed to cool? Don't want to mess up this far in. Thanks so much!
~Mischa and Jacob~:mug:

:mug: I've used 1 pint of boiling water with 3/4 Cup of corn sugar. put that in bottom of bottling bucket then just rack right on top of it . The beer cools the primer down and you still have plenty of yeast to carbonate. I stir mine a little, quietly, so you don't get some bottles with carb and some bottles no carb.:mug:

I cool mine completely and then rack the beer into it, with the tip of the tubing under the surface so the beer whirlpools in the bucket without splashing, to mix it up. I guess it doesn't really matter since both methods seem to work!

Latest posts

Back