Leinie's apple spice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
Just had this beer(?) the other day, and I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for something close to it or at least with some apple flavor. Extract,PM or AG is fine, I should be able to convert it.

According to their website it has wheat and pale malt in it, ~5%abv.

Sorry no recipe here. That beer isn't too bad especially for one or two on a hot day, now that SummerShanty stuff was gross. I'd drink Beast Ice before I drank that ****!

Eat an apple, puke it up, urinate on it, then dump a beer on the mess.

That crap is gross. I ordered one at the bar, and after three sips the bartender said "Do you want something else?" He knew it was bad and was hesitant to even serve it.

Cheesefood said:

That crap is gross. I ordered one at the bar, and after three sips the bartender said "Do you want something else?" He knew it was bad and was hesitant to even serve it.

Definately don't try the Summer Shanty stuff.....they had it on tap at a bar we were at and asked the bartender about it. He then went on laughing how bad the stuff was. Then we asked for a sample, he said, 'why doesn't anyone buy this stuff, everyone just wants a sample.' We told him it might be his sales pitch. He laughed, I'm just glad he was honest. It was terrible.

Cheesefood said:

That's funny.

I distinctly remember liking this though even though I was pretty rocked at the time. Maybe I'll have to get another and have a sober opinion of it.

uwmgdman said:
Definately don't try the Summer Shanty stuff.....they had it on tap at a bar we were at and asked the bartender about it. He then went on laughing how bad the stuff was. Then we asked for a sample, he said, 'why doesn't anyone buy this stuff, everyone just wants a sample.' We told him it might be his sales pitch. He laughed, I'm just glad he was honest. It was terrible.

LOL....does my prediction ring true then?

Dude said:
Summer Shandy? Beer and lemonade? WTF?
Gotta hand it to the marketers ( I guess :rolleyes: ), But I doubt this one will fly for very long. I predict 100% failure. Shoulda quit while they were ahead with the Sunset Wheat.

Dude said:
LOL....does my prediction ring true then?

Yeah, I'd say you're prediction will be 100% right. Although I thought Sunset Wheat would have flopped by now and it hasn't. But the Summer Shanty stuff was definately worse than Sunset Wheat, talk about the strangest after taste. They're after non-beer drinkers with that product I'd think. I try to think if I was someone that didn't like beer or booze, what would I drink? Would drink that stuff or some sort of hard lemonade, definately the hard lemonade.

Thats sunset wheat **** is pretty rampant here on campus, every bar has it on tap and special some night of the week. Sells a lot.

Latest posts

Back