Finally got my new PH/Temp meter...pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yambor44

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Took a while as it was on back order but I finally got it. Just over $100 bucks shipped, but I thought the convenience factor (for me anyway) was worth it.

I got tired of wondering if my mash PH was off and also trying to read those little test strips when testing the PH of my Star San. I'm sure I can save some money on Star San in the long run, just may take awhile to make up $100 worth! Although it is so easy and convenient....who cares??:D

3 or below is good on the Star San right?

More information please!!! I need one of these for my aquaponic grow. I could really use it for a lot of things now that I think about it. Where did you get yours?

You might want to check how much the replacement probes cost. I've heard from people who regret their purchase because the replacement probes are almost a third to half the original purchase price. Sometimes its better off to buy a cheaper meter and just replace the whole thing when it dies.

I just happen to have a NB catalog sitting here and I'm sure these aren't the best prices but for example:

#40421 economy ph meter $27.99

#40422 microprocessor waterproof ph meter $62.99
#40352 replacement electrode for above $38.99

#40423 waterproof ph/temp meter $83.99
#40353 replacement electrode for above $53.99

More information please!!! I need one of these for my aquaponic grow. I could really use it for a lot of things now that I think about it. Where did you get yours?

WortMonger, I'd like very much to grown hops so just out of curiosity :)off: sorry) but what pH do hops like? I've grown...um.... crops that are in the same family as hops and they enjoy a pH of roughly 5.2-5.8.

Back