Delayed bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippie

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have an ale pail full of pale ale:p (Thanks Vermicous), but have been too busy to bottle it (2 jobs)... The airlock is no longer showing signs of fermentation (probably for a few days), and I wanted to make sure it would be fine until I can bottle next wednsday (5 more days). The bucket has been sitting in the low sixties, what temp would be best for storing from now till then?

Thanks, Hippie

I agree, keep things as they are, and don't touch it or open it up until your ready to bottle. It should be fine. I've left beers in the primary for close to three weeks before having a chance to get to it. They have always turned out fine. Take care

Good to hear the employment situation sounds improved, Hippie!

The beer will be fine - most say that it can sit on the yeast cake for upwards of a month before you have any problems. Hell, I think the rest of us just got around to racking within the past week or so.

Save a couple for me!

Thanks Everybody...

and Merry Chrismachaunaqwuanza thingy

Hippie

PS. Bird, yeah, now I have more work than I can handle (almost), 2 fulltime temp jobs, then a regular fulltime starting 2nd week of the new year... Me thinks UPS will get to know my house :rockin:

Latest posts

Back