First all grain pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gplutt

Reaction score
P1000377.jpg

that was bottled, spent 3 weeks in the bottles and barely carbonated :(

P1000347.jpg

that was kegged.

P1000411.jpg

and that was my second batch...all over the deck. Wort Chiller lines and clumsy rottweilers do NOT mix.

oh nooooooooo! Did you spill the whole batch? At first look at the pic with the spillage I thought, 'oh that's nice, a pic of his brew system in action'. Then i noticed the familiar green lumps on the deck and thought it must've been raining. Man, I know how that feels, sort of. I've had a lot of similar mishaps though only lost the whole batch a couple of times. Last time my picnic faucet got stuck when I closed the fridge and drained a whole keg. last brew I forgot to tighten the hose clamp on my hop sock and 6 oz fell in the boil anyway.

cb

yeah, it was the whole batch :(

I had just finished chilling it and was going to get the carboy, I had left the door open and he came out to see what was going on. He got his foot caught in the hose and freaked out, pulled the whole thing down...I think the whole neighborhood heard me.

I almost think losing the keg afterward would be worse, though...ouch on the faucet!

Also a real nice look at the weather today. From "Eh, it might not be too bad and maybe it might even end up sunny" to "Miserable, cold, rainy/haily, nasty."

haha, those were taken over a few days...but that just proves your point! NW weather changes so often in the course of one day this time of the year that you have to pack a suitcase to leave the house.

Ha, I was NOT HAPPY. On the other hand I have a well hopped deck, now. I also keep the door closed so the dogs can't come visit.

I got most of them up, there is an odd scraggler left in the plants on the edge, but I've kept them away from the dogs. Our rottweiler absolutely hates beer, anyways, he wants no part in the hops, the frenchie is the beerhound.

Back