How much honey per gallon for carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impatient

Reaction score
I want to use honey to bottle with. I was wondering if someone had a liquid volume per gallon of honey to end up with about 2.8?

if you mean using it as priming sugar at bottling time, i have had a good success using 2 cups of liquid honey for a 5 gallon Batch.

I went ahead and used 2 cups.

I had to stir it up for a really long time. I don't think I want to do that again until I find a way for the honey to mix well with the beer. The honey just went right to the bottom. Should I have boiled it with water? I was told not to by another.

Dextrose
DME
Table Sugar

Those are my priming sugar choices in order, honey isn't on the list, I guess you know why now :eek:

Sorry didn't see you asked back, what i usually do, is boil about the equivalent of water (in this case 2 cups), add the Honey in the pot, then i just let it come back to where it is just warm and still very liquid and pour/ stir it along with the beer in the bottling bucket.

I say the resulting flavor with this is according to my taste, a mild honey undertone.

But if you don't want to use it as priming in the future, it could be used as an adjunct, gives a discrete dry flavor when not overused.

Back