Connecting quick disconnect to pipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runt135

Reaction score
Hey. I bought a hop stopper and the dip tube doesn't pick any liquid up from the bottom. I was thinking of using quick disconnects to connect the dip tube to the ball valve. Figured 1 it would help with the seal(which is what I figure the problem is) 2 it would make it easy to take off and clean.

How could I connect the stainless steel pipe to the quick disconnect? I was thinking of using more beers quick disconnects.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would want to use these. http://www.morebeer.com/category/stainless-steel-quick-disconnects.html

I don't have a caliper so I can't tell you the exact size of the tube. If you need that I can get one as long as they aren't crazy expensive.

image.jpg

Let"s be sure I understand what you want. I've fit and welded literally miles of this tubing and as long as I understand what you're doing we'll get you there. I would bet that you have 1/2" tubing by looking at it. It's measured outside diameter. The left side of your fitting is a 1/2" NPT pipe fitting and will fit quick disconnect number H503C. Measure the outside diameter of your tubing with just a tape measure and be certain it is 1/2" then get back with me.

If you are trying to use the stainless inside pieces for the compression fitting then that is why it isn't sealing. Replace them with 2 o-rings and you will get a good seal.

Back