2nd AG in the Bucket - Pics and Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigben

Reaction score
Well, here are some pics and the recipe from my last AG. This was my second AG attempt and I hit all the temps pretty closely. My OG was 1.060, so that's only 3 points higher than expected.

Quickquestion....hop matter in the hydrometer tube should not affect the reading, correct?

Anyway, here is a link to the recipe...
http://blackholebrewing.com/Browny.html

And here are some pics...

BrewDay-1.jpg

BrewDay-2.jpg

BrewDay-3.jpg

BrewDay-4.jpg

Lookin good. If you beat your estimate by 3 points, that means your efficiency was higher than you expected.:ban: Anything that tries to float or sink that is in contact with your hydrometer will affect the reading. I wouldn't worry as the effect is likely small. Next time do your best to keep it clean. If you use a wine theif, a coffee filter rubber banded to the bottom does a good job.

shafferpilot said:
Lookin good. If you beat your estimate by 3 points, that means your efficiency was higher than you expected.:ban: Anything that tries to float or sink that is in contact with your hydrometer will affect the reading. I wouldn't worry as the effect is likely small. Next time do your best to keep it clean. If you use a wine theif, a coffee filter rubber banded to the bottom does a good job.

Thanks!

Yea, I forgot to take the hydrometer reading, and I already transferred everything to the fermentor and pitched the yeast. I use a turkey baster, and I hadn't sanitized it either, so I wasn't sticking that in the fermentor...so I tried sucking the remaining beer out of the sludge. There was a good bit of hop material in there so I didn't taste it either :( :)

I see. Not that big a deal that you didn't get to taste it. Personally, I dont' like the taste of sweet wort, it's just sugary water to me, and it tastes exactly like it smells, so I already know what it "tastes" like. Feels pretty good to know you made that one all by yourself, doesn't it!

shafferpilot said:
I see. Not that big a deal that you didn't get to taste it. Personally, I dont' like the taste of sweet wort, it's just sugary water to me, and it tastes exactly like it smells, so I already know what it "tastes" like. Feels pretty good to know you made that one all by yourself, doesn't it!
heck yea it does. I feel like I have my process down pretty good now too. It took me 5 hours even from flame on to clean up

Back