Label idea but no talent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
So I really want to make some labels but am not artisitc in the least. My idea is a blue vertical band on each side with Blanchard on one side and Brewing on the other side then in the middle have a BB except one in reverse (back to back...does that make sense) in a lighter almost watermark in the center. Then I would put the Beer name in the middle on top of the watermark.

B B
L R
A E
N India Pale Ale W
C I
H N
A G
R
D

I really got to figure out computers so I can do this.

something like this?

blanchbrewlogo.jpg

Holey Moley!!!!!! Thats it! Thank you so much!

That is Exactly what I was thinking of! Wow! What program did you do this on? I am thinking maybe I could modify it for whatever type of beer I was making just by changing the text in the middle? Or maybe also the background colors... Guess I need to learn some stuff. Amazing and I thought I would only need to learn how to brew beer for this hobby.

That is Exactly what I was thinking of! Wow! What program did you do this on? I am thinking maybe I could modify it for whatever type of beer I was making just by changing the text in the middle? Or maybe also the background colors... Guess I need to learn some stuff. Amazing and I thought I would only need to learn how to brew beer for this hobby.

Yep, that should be pretty easy to do. Get a template, then add the beer name and maybe some shadow in another layer. Download GIMP (the best free graphics editor I know of), do some tutorials and play around a little.

i used photoshop. this evening i can send you a template without the beer or the abv on it. that way you can add whatever you need. i dont have much knowledge with anything other than photoshop but i would assume you should be able to just paint whatever color you what for the side columns and the water mark without to much trouble. let me know if you want a different font on it or anything else changed then i'll get it sent to ya, after christmas dinner :ban: happy holidays! :ban:

Wow! Thanks! My email is [email protected]

I have photoshop elements on my laptop at home so I will have to finally get around to using it! I knew there was a reason I bought that program. I like the font. Not sure what other ones would look like.

Merry Christmas!

Wow! Thanks! My email is [email protected]

I have photoshop elements on my laptop at home so I will have to finally get around to using it! I knew there was a reason I bought that program. I like the font. Not sure what other ones would look like.

Merry Christmas!

perfect, photoshop elements is what i use. i can send u the raw file if u want, so you can edit each layer. hopefully i can email a raw photoshop file without having to turn it into a jpeg, bmp, etc. i forgot the font i used is one i downloaded from the internet. i can send you the link for it as well.

Will probably see what I can do with Photoshop since I have that and have done a few things with it. As far as programs with ease of use--I used to be a draftsman using AutoCAD so I am no stranger to convoluted overly complex programs! LOL!

This is a crazy coincidence (Christmas miracle?). A few months ago I was going to use my last name/initial for my homebrew labels. I designed a logo almost exactly what you described, with the back-to-back B's in blue. The only difference is I made the space in between the B's into the silhouette of a beer bottle. Here's the logo below. We have another name now so feel free to take this logo or use it however you want.

Image2.jpg

Back