Drilling my Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hicksizzle

Reaction score
Can anyone who's drilled a Danby 482BLS let me know how far from the back of the unit I need to go to drill the center of my hole for the beer tower...

Nervous I'm gonna go through the wire on top.

Thanks

I just made a kegerator from the all-black Danby (which as far as I can tell is the same layout) and followed these instructions:

http://www.kegkits.com/kegerator4.htm

I was also worried about the wire, but I ended up only drilling a 1.5" hole if I recall correctly and it ended up being a non-issue. If you want I can double check that, let me know.

Thanks for the help folks...
to be more specific, it's not the evaporator line that I'm really worried about, I'm pretty sure it runs through the front like most of these Danby models.

What I'm really trying to find is an exact measurement from the back of the fridge to the center of the drill hole. I know where i want to drill from inside of the fridge, I'm just having trouble finding the same spot on the top.

I suppose I could start the hole from the interior of the fridge, but would find it a lot easier to know where to drill from the top.

Thanks again though

What I did was measure from the from of the fridge, and then I marked off where the cold plate in the back was on top. Next, I put a mark where the temperature control in the middle was. I then found the middle of that area (between the two obstructions, in both directions) and double checked that the hole I was drilling wouldn't hit anything. Also make sure that your bolt holes are clear as well. It had enough room, but if I recall correctly, I had to step my center hole down to 1.5" because 2" would maybe have hit the screw that holds in the temp control.

Back