One down 2 more to go, Thanks Bobby_M

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simphoto02

WoodyBlue
Reaction score
Well here it is, My First Keggle. And YES I got it legally. At least the guy I bought it from said that he obtained it legally. No criminal background check for Kegs, So I guess I took reasonable care in this transaction.

Anyway, Saw Bobby_M's posts and videos on cutting the top off and Made my own jig. 2" hole saw blade fits perfectly in the bung, thin metal cut-oof blade, literally 4 laps around the top.

Here it is:
jig.jpg

Top off. Perfect 12" diam. hole.
success.jpg

Next to find 2 more.
Question: Does the tube and guts of the valve make anything good? I thought I saw where somebody made a sparge arm or something out of the tube. anyway, more work to do here but off to a great start

I have seen somebody mark off liquid levels and use it as an alternate to a sight gauge

Question: Does the tube and guts of the valve make anything good? I thought I saw where somebody made a sparge arm or something out of the tube. anyway, more work to do here but off to a great start

I made a sparge arm by cutting slits with a hacksaw and drilling a hole for a rubber grommet for the water line. Also I used rubber stoppers for the ends and to adjust the height. It worked well but I started batch sparging and haven't used it in a while.

arm.jpg

I haven't done it yet, but I was half thinking about soldering part of the dipstick to the cut off top in order to make a lid that won't fall down.

That burner is wild. Is there a propane version? Links to how it is made? This guy said he saw it on utube. Looking but not finding it, yet

I have one that's used as a mash paddle. Had a notch cut in the end, flattened it down around the notch, and then welded in a small rectangle of sheet SS. Super sturdy, works great, and the sanke valve in the end makes a nice handle.

I thought for sure I had a picture of it, but now I can't find any. If I remember I'll grab some pix when I get home.

Edit: Durr, I knew I had a pic somewhere. Here's the mash paddle sitting across the brew stand (Sry slightly blurry).
IMAGE_084.jpg

Latest posts

Back