Extract Manufacturer Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidamerica

Reaction score
I have a question for those who are experienced in brewing extracts. Right now I have been doing mostly extracts from Brewers Best Products as well as partial grain with these products. I have never used other manufacturers but I have seen other brands around. Does anyone have any suggestions as to another brand I should try and which to avoid?

Thanks

Dave

:mug:

Do you mean extract kits, or just the extract part of it? Brewer's Best sells kits but doesn't make their own extract.

The issue with extract itself is usually about freshness. Cans may have some age on them. Anyway, I think Brewer's Best have a decent reputation, but a lot of us buy extract (full extract brewing kits) from places like Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer and Midwest Supply. The extract they sell isn't canned, and they turn it around enough to keep it fresh.

I always buy bulk extracts that have been either measured to my need, or repackaged. That is what you get from Brewmasters Warehouse, Austin Homebrew, MoreBeer, Midwest Supplies, and Northern Brewer among others.

I haven't used any canned extracts.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to another brand I should try and which to avoid?

I always buy bulk extracts that have been either measured to my need, or repackaged. That is what you get from Brewmasters Warehouse, Austin Homebrew, MoreBeer, Midwest Supplies, and Northern Brewer among others.

I haven't used any canned extracts.

The bulk extract sold by these guys is made by Breiss, I think. They also offer some imported extracts, but they come either in cans (liquid) or in pre-measured packages (dry).

Any of the sellers above sell enough extract to keep their stock fresh. That said, the imported stuff has a greater chance of having problems simply due to increased distance with shipping, esp. for liquid ME.

So I'd suggest you buy Breiss, unless you want to go all-grain.

Latest posts

Back