So I bought a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I'd been talking to this guy from CraigsList about a kegerator he had for sale. I was going back and forth until I told him we'd just bought a new dishwasher and I probably shouldn't spend $150 on a kegerator. He called me Saturday begging me to keep it at my place until I could afford to pay him, so I said "Sure".

I'll post pictures later. It's kind of a home made kegerator. The inside is about the exact height of a corny and there's room for probably 4 cornies and maybe my CO2 bottle. It's a very tight fit inside (top to bottom) so I'll need to either shave down the rubber handles and bang on the metal inside to give me a c-hair of breathing room so help accomodate all of them. Does anyone know how to take the handles off a corny?

It came with some hardware, but I can't use most of it: 2 perlick couplers, a single-valve regulator, and a faucet attached to a pipe (attached to a coupler).

I ended up giving him $75 for the whole shebang, figuring I might be able to sell some of the hardware to recoup the cost. Anyone need a perlick coupler or two or a regulator?

Sounds like it was used for 1/2 barrels. I've never removed a handle, but I have one that is loose. It looks like they are simply glued on.

What's a Perlick Coupler? I have Perlick Faucets.

Back